Sunday, October 31, 2010

What types of regulations of smoking in public places should the legal system impose?

Smoking is such an un-safe horrible thing for the body to consume. In many states now they are making it illegal to smoke in public restaurants, bars and certain areas of buildings. Minnesota being one of the states that has this law, I think it has done a lot for us as a community making places to be a safer place to breathe at. It was just over the summer that in came into law that you are no longer able to smoke in public parks in Hennepin County. I find this law a great one to have just like not being able to smoke in public spaces. I am a non smoker and there is nothing worse than bringing my son to a park and having people smoke and throw their cigarettes on the ground, I find it repulsing.
                I chose to not smoke for a reason because it smells horrible, taste even grosser, and is bad for my health and bad for other people’s health around us. I think that we should make a law banning smoking in any public place. I don’t need to be exposed to second hand smoke and be exposed to the toxins that cigarettes have. I want to live in a clean air area and I don’t want to be exposed to someone else’s bad habits that can kill then or kill be or someone I love unintentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment